W215 pse pump question

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Borys

MB Enthusiast
Car
2005 cl500
Did replaced my pse pump
Seems it keeps giving me trouble since. Central locking works at all times but soft closing keeps playing games. At the time I will have driver side working, boot and passenger door soft close will not work. I would reset the pump, all will go to normal but after few cycles I will have only passenger door working with rest dead.It keeps shutting down different locations on the car. Star will only tell me there is a leak but each time in different section on the car so that cannot be right. There is no hissing sound anywhere at all.
Only thing I've noticed yesterday evening. When I soft closed driver door delay on windows is quite extended to around 20 sec. While that operation in process I can hear pump working till all windows go up. Maybe pump thinks there is a leak as working for too long and it shuts down?
When doors shut not using soft close windows will go up immediately.
Is there a way to adjust,calibrate delay time on windows to shut quicker? Or problem lays elsewhere ?
Was given 6 months warranty on the pump so next week will try to use it but was hoping it can be rectified before any steps taken

Getting a new replacement next weekend
Apparently pressure is not adjusted properly to my car,new motor will be set to exact spec
Fingers crossed

Take the cover off the pump and you'll see a small white thumb wheel adjuster. This will adjust the cut out pressure to stop the pump over running.

Tried that both directions, no difference. I cannot really figure out how far to adjust. I even marked the thumb and did full turn anty clockwise-maybe not enough
Pump keep running
Place where I bought the pump said that on the impeller there are 6 screws to adjust pressure? Apparently not enough for my coupe?They are preparing new one for me. Was told that they are not over-tightening the screws to extend the rotor life? When screws tight it touches top and bottom while turning and significantly decrease its life?
All a bit confusing

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom