w216 - CL600 - Performance 'issue'

Discussion in 'Engine' started by PhilLockyer, Jun 13, 2017.

1. PhilLockyer

PhilLockyer New Member

Car:
    sold
    Hello all,

I wonder if anyone could help with a 'weird' and seemingly intermittent performance issue with my standard '07 W216 CL600 (~27k miles)?

Normally the car is very quick, but sometimes (1/4 of the time maybe), the car is only 'quick' - not at all scientific or useful I know, but I can't describe the issue any better. It is like the car is running without any boost - the issue can occur when the car is cold, warm or hot, driving slowly, or after a spirited drive.

Does anyone have any ideas? Apologies for the limp explanation.

Lastly, thanks to those involved with Benz on the Green - a great day, and good luck with the cops if anyone is heading down to Le Mans this weekend - it is gonna be scorchio and a lot of fun :).

Many thanks all. Have a nice day.

Phil.

2. m2287

m2287 Hardcore MB Enthusiast

Car:
    Bentley Continental GT
    Sounds similar to the intercooler pump issues on the 55k engines. I don't know if the 600 txt has one

3. BIRMA

BIRMA Hardcore MB Enthusiast

Car:
    Lexus RCF
    I'd be tempted to pop it into PCS in Horndean and ask them to have a look. Maybe see you around as I live in Lovedean and have a CL V12 too.