W218 CLS 2012, Retrofit Parking Mirror reverse assist?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

wars

Car
2012 CLS 250 CDI Sport
Hi everyone.

It's been quite a long time since I last posted on here but I'll be a regular visitor now I have my new car. Just upgraded from a 2008 CLK 320 CDI Sport in Tenorite Grey to a new 2012 CLS 250 CDI Sport in Black. Turns out we needed more doors as the other half started complaining of backache when putting our newborn in the carseat. At first I was really upset about the thought of getting rid of my pride and joy (after losing my sleep, social life and any kind of time with the Mrs!) but honestly, it was a worthwhile upgrade. I never thought I could love a car as much but everything about it impresses me, from its illuminated doorhandles to the fact I *could* use Facebook on the Comand unit, if I liked Facebook that is. The new iPod integration compared to my CLK's official yet very 'afterthought' quality integration unit is also a vast improvement. Not even to mention the styling and drive of the car, not being a grunty V6 that I'm very used to.

Anyway. Onto what I'm posting for. My old car had the Memory Seat package which this one unfortunately doesn't. It does have electric seats, not sure if thats an option or comes as standard for that model. I don't really need the memory seats although it would be nice as my mrs is a lot shorter than me and having to adjust the seat each time is a little annoying but what we really do miss is the door mirror dipping down when reverse parking (especially as these are diamond cut wheels as the dealer pointed out numerous times). Is there any way I could get that function back by a bit of STAR coding? If not and it requires the module for memory seats, does anyone have any experience in having this retrofitted? Can someone point me in the right direction?

Any help is greatly appreciated!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom