W218 CLS 350......incoming! (boredom warning attached as well as pics)

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Sorry to be the bearer of bad news pal but you’ve ruined it with the de-badge and the de-chrome and those fantastic wheels.

I’ll take it off your hands, you know, doing an old friend a favour and all that.

Very nice,well specced car-enjoy!

Reactions: Abb
Sorry to be the bearer of bad news pal but you’ve ruined it with the de-badge and the de-chrome and those fantastic wheels.

I’ll take it off your hands, you know, doing an old friend a favour and all that.

Thanks Lee, being the kind hearted soul that you are I knew I could count on you ;) I just couldn't do that to you, thanks again for the offer though :p

Looks great Abb. Worth the hard work.
+1 on tinting the rear windows.

Thats the problem Rog, I want to do the fronts too, in the lightest tint possible and with the interior being so bright it may be just as subtle as I want it. I know it would be a risk ;)

New member here. However, been following this thread.

I have the same car/colour etc so it’s been great watching your car transform into this stunning beast. Those wheels, and the rear bumper/amg 63diffuser/amg 63 exhaust tips look incredible - Congratz!!

I started off with window tints on mine and have just ordered the amg style bumper + exhaust tips (not the cls63 ones you have just the single oval ones). Just need to buy the rear diffuser now. After that it’s time to de-chrome and get the wheels done gloss black.

You planning on making further changes to the car?

New member here. However, been following this thread.

I have the same car/colour etc so it’s been great watching your car transform into this stunning beast. Those wheels, and the rear bumper/amg 63diffuser/amg 63 exhaust tips look incredible - Congratz!!

I started off with window tints on mine and have just ordered the amg style bumper + exhaust tips (not the cls63 ones you have just the single oval ones). Just need to buy the rear diffuser now. After that it’s time to de-chrome and get the wheels done gloss black.

You planning on making further changes to the car?

Thank you for your kind comments. My current rear bumper is standard, it was just the 63 diffuser I swapped the original for.
Funny you should mention further changes, I am looking to update the rear end. Facelift rear lights and facelift rear bumper. Both very subtle mods and will be using OEM parts of course. A couple of things left to to complete the shopping list, but getting there!

I've seen some folk on another forum do the facelift changes to CLS, and it looks fantastic! I'll look forward to the photos when you get around to doing that.

I’ve just seen this post. What a great looking car. Congrats.
How is it as the owner?
How does it compare to your other / previous cars?

I’ve just seen this post. What a great looking car. Congrats.
How is it as the owner?
How does it compare to your other / previous cars?

Thank you for your kind words :)

I absolutely love the car, the interior cabin makes it feel like a very special place to be. The exterior styling is beautiful IMO and the drive is effortless. Being really honest, I would prefer it in petrol guise, not necessarily the 63, the 500 would be a lovely choice but they really are rare to find let alone in a spec I would have been happy with.

So much car in every respect for not a lot of money in return.

Been tinkering with the black beauties, first to get some attention was the CLS. Installed a full size rear number plate holder (wurth) removed the set of acrylic plates, and in their place sit some metal pressed ones.
IMG_4973.jpeg

Did think about going down the number plate in windscreen look and remove the plinth too! 😂As much as I prefer the non front number plate look, I decided against it.
IMG_4977.jpeg

Looking forward to the next subtle transformation...facelift rear bumper. Will be changing the rear lights too for the FL versions, but that will be at a later date.
The difference is in the bumper is the vents and either side from what I can gather, as far as subtle changes go, this is right up there, as its very little change given the cost.
New bumper (a few storage marks but nothing that wont be taken care of during the paint prep stage.

IMG_5397.jpeg
IMG_5398.jpeg
IMG_5395.jpegs
IMG_5396.jpeg

Vent/grill covers arrived from MB Edinburgh via eBay (seems to be the only parts dealer currently still trading).

IMG_5408.jpeg
IMG_5409.jpeg

So thats all the bits needed I believe, am also debating on colour coding the diffuser while the bumper is getting done.

Ah mate, it’ll look dreadful with the facelift rear end, honestly, best thing to do is get it all installed then I’m only a phonecall away pal 😇

Lovely motor, Abb as always... :) :cool: :thumb:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom