W218 Outside temperature display

• Thread starter Deleted member 152625
  • Start date
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
D

Deleted member 152625

Hi all,

I was trying to get the outside temp to display on the mfd in my w218 earlier on but after some research i believe this function is blocked on uk cars for some reason, i seen some mention of having this enabled via Star but has anyone actually had this issue resolved? if so how much did Mercedes charge for the pleasure lol

or is there another way to display the temp in the car?

Yes, I have done this on several (earlier) MB models using Xentry in Developer Mode. This coding is often referred to as 'UK Delete'. Basically, MB in their wisdom, decided for UK spec cars, the km/h speed must be permanently on display at all times (regardless of the user settings). MB decided to choose the outside temp display to permanently display the km/h value. They do this because MB incorrect interpretation of the EU regulation mandating cars in Europe to be capable of displaying km/h. Other German manufacturers do not do this leaving this as a user-configurable option.

UK Delete coding will allow the user to choose to enable or disable the km/h. When enabled, the km/h display will override the outside temp display. But at least when driving in the UK, there is no need to display km/h, so the outside temp value can be permanently put on display instead.

Hi All,

So someone on one of the W218 facebook groups helped me out with this one, so yes i can't change the KM to display the temp but the main trip display where your mileage is shown is where the default external temperature display is :) i'm happy to live with this and not have to go getting things coded lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom