W219- Cls 350 Petrol 2005 - Alternator issue

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Cls350lhr

Hi guys,

Horrible day today. Came back from holidays, was looking to take the car out for a spin but it gave an error of battery/alternator weak. Was on way to the garrage where the car came to standstill.
Called AA peeps who informed that Voltage passed on by Alternator is 9 instead of reccomended 14.

Towed the car to nearest garage. Checked europarts where new alternator for Cls350 2005 Petrol is for 530 - which looks very steep.

Friend informed to look from ebay, however having no luck in finding the right trim.

1)Does anyone know or any other place to buy it from?
2)How much should it cost roughly?
3)How much should the labour cost be for this work?
4)Also do i need to change the battery as well along with alternator?

Many thanks in advance guys.

I would change the alternator brushes, and the associated voltage regulator first.
The brushes and regulator are one unit.
You will need to identify the make of the alternator.
rgds

Hi guys,

Horrible day today. Came back from holidays, was looking to take the car out for a spin but it gave an error of battery/alternator weak. Was on way to the garrage where the car came to standstill.
Called AA peeps who informed that Voltage passed on by Alternator is 9 instead of reccomended 14.

Towed the car to nearest garage. Checked europarts where new alternator for Cls350 2005 Petrol is for 530 - which looks very steep.

Friend informed to look from ebay, however having no luck in finding the right trim.

1)Does anyone know or any other place to buy it from?
2)How much should it cost roughly?
3)How much should the labour cost be for this work?
4)Also do i need to change the battery as well along with alternator?

Many thanks in advance guys.
How many km before this happened?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom