W219 CLS 55 AMG - Should I jump starting a friends car?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
This ^^ disconnect battery from your car so nothing can be damaged and then jump other car

+1

You might need to connect a working battery to get some chargers started.

I'd personally never jump start my car from another car these days (unless life or death) as it's unlikely I would be stuck.

Over the years I’ve jump started many times including using the CLS to jump start my sons CLK when he had left the lights on while playing a round of golf.
I always connect the leads up and leave the engine running for a short period then jump start then after ensuring “patient” is up and running, disconnect the leads.

Thanks guys for all the comments!!! As I mentioned I decided not to use the merc but instead used another friends more simpler Corsa, did the trick and both cars are healthy and running!

The jumped car was a e46 330i that had been standing for 4 months as my mate was caught out of town by covid...

I have normal 100Ah battery fully charged in my home storage, for emergency situations of my own (and neighbours ;))
I have a Noco GB40 jumpstarter for emergency use, but I also keep an old good battery charged so I can just swap it with the CL rear battery, but also useful for friends in need.
The best solution is start the car every 2 weeks then it shouldn't go flat.

Looked into the noco GB40! Have you had to use it on the CLS 500 and does it fire up straight away? Unfortunately I live in an apartment so dont have the space to keep a battery topped up 😭😭😭

I know Noco quote the GB40 for being able to start a 6L petrol, wonder if the addition of the SC might need the bigger/more expensive version?

I’m very wary of it too .

Recently , after lockdown , my sister had left her Diesel Golf just too long ; it turned lethargically but not quite enough to start her car .

I parked my W140 up and switched off . Connected jump leads to my healthy battery ( still connected but car not running ) left for 5 minutes and started her car . Disconnected leads .

I didn’t want to disconnect battery from mine as then windows need reprogrammed up and down , radio needs retuned , all in all PITA .

My car is none the worse , but then her battery was not dead flat , just low .

Looked into the noco GB40! Have you had to use it on the CLS 500 and does it fire up straight away? Unfortunately I live in an apartment so dont have the space to keep a battery topped up 😭😭😭

I know Noco quote the GB40 for being able to start a 6L petrol, wonder if the addition of the SC might need the bigger/more expensive version?
I have used the GB40 twice on my CL500 ( 5.5 litre ) while the starter battery was on it's way out, it started it easily, I haven't needed it since as I have replaced the dodgy battery.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom