W219 CLS alloy wheel warranty?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Astonv12

Car
w219 CLS 350 CDi Grand Edition Palladium Silver
I have a late 2010 CLS Grand Edition and the polished alloy lacquer has started to flake and bubble quite badly.

I'm looking at a a bill of £400 to have the wheels refurbished and diamond cut again, but does anyone know if wheels are subject to the same warranty as car bodywork? Would be interesting to find out if I can claim from mercedes. My 8 year old mondeo never had a problem with flaking lacquer and that had double the mileage of my CLS...

Also, does anyone know what other Benz models wheels will fit my CLS? I need to keep mobile while the wheels are being refurbished so might buy a 2nd set... I could then use these as winter wheels :)

I'd hazard a guess as SL, S class..? Anyone know for definite? Don't want to buy some that won't fit..!

I think you would struggle to get MB to cough up to get a set of six year old wheels refurbished

Mine have done exactly the same thing , they were completely unmarked when i got the car in 2013 but they are looking worse for wear now.

I was contemplating a set of 19`s as you can pick a set up for the same price as a refurb and keep the stock wheels for winter.

You will need to watch the off set when buying other MB wheels as the W219 have a 25 / 28mm offset and i dont think many other models share these sizes.

Kenny

Last edited:
Awesome thanks!! They're the exact same wheels mine has...
How much..!!??

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom