w219 cls fog light issue

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

mid

Car
Mercedes CLS
had a dashboard warning of 'front right fog light failure' last week... so assumed bulb issue.... it has led bulbs fitted and i did notice that the right one did flicker/flash after the warning showed.

so bought some new bulbs - fitted them and the problem is still there - the right one still doesn't work, but flickers/flashes. swapped the left bulb (ok) to the right and this does the same?

watched the flicker/flash a bit closer... it flashes 10 times from initial switch on..regular flash.

so i know its not the bulb... the old LEDs had an inline resistor and the new ones are built in so took the resistor out of the loop and still had the same issue so i guess that rules that out.

any ideas?

Do you have an actual bulb you can fit to see if the issue remains?

just to close this off... put in two normal bulbs instead of the LED's and all is well.

i can only assume the resistor bit was the problem and the new 'error free' 'canbus' ebay leds were not what they suggested they were!... proper bulbs seem brighter anyway!

just to close this off... put in two normal bulbs instead of the LED's and all is well.

i can only assume the resistor bit was the problem and the new 'error free' 'canbus' ebay leds were not what they suggested they were!... proper bulbs seem brighter anyway!

They all do that. Although I've found a set of error free Sidelights and also Number plate lamps.

Why not replace your fogs with DRLs?

Credit to Killerhertz
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

I had these fitted to my CLS55

LEDriving FOG LEDFOG101 BK 12 | OSRAM Automotive

725034_LEDriving%20FOG%20LEDFOG101.jpg

they're nice.... but mine has the oval version (with cornering light function)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom