W219 CLS Isofix?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

pola bear

Car
mercedes CLS 350 W219 grand edition
Hello, I've had my 59 plate CLS grand edition for about 4 years now and absolutely love the car. Next month I'm having my first child so have been researching into isofix child seats. Having found out that isofix was introduced in 2001 i was hoping that most cars should have this system built in. Ive taken the car to mercedes and after initially telling me that on the system it has isofix, they couldn't seem to locate the bars and said that they would not be able to fit the isofix for me.

Before i give up on the isofix idea is there any other places that could retrofit Isofix for me??

I really don't plan to give up on my Grand edition yet, i know there are the seat belt base options but i would like to try and go for the safest option for my first born

Aren't they just under the removal seat panel at the base of the rear seats? Pretty sure mine are

I would have thought that was standard fitment; check your VIN to see if you've got code 573 (child seat mounting, isofix in rear). - It might be slightly different on a CLS, but that's what it is in my CLK.

According to the manual: The securing rings provided for two child restraint systems are located on the left and right-hand sides of the rear seats between the seat cushions and the backrest. - Maybe they're there, but not obviously poking through?

As Karl says lift the leather padded panel in the crease of the rear seat, they're well buried!

Just bought a Britax for my grandson, identical to MB's offering but 1/3rd the price. Fits perfectly.

I have a 59 plate 350 grand edition and confirm they do not have isofix. I actually negotiated additional saving from the dealer when I bought it (Mercedes approved Suffolk) as it was advertised with isofix but does not have it and I used the discount to purchase a new child seat. As far as I am aware there are no 219s out there with isofix.

My 219 has Isofix.....

definitely no isofix. Checked with Mercedes of croydon. It makes sense i guess, back in the day isofix was an optional extra and the CLS isn't exactly marketed as a family car.

Oh well, anyone in my position that doesn't have the isofix option but would need a decent baby seat and base, i would recommend the Cybex Aton with base or the Maxi Cosi Cabriofix with easy fix base

I wouldn't have thought a CLK was marketed as a family car either; it's only got two doors... but it's still got Isofix.

Maybe it's related to presafe, and was removed to make that work?

My 07 plate W211 E500 didn't have it. One of the reasons I sold it; the car didn't have heated seats either and winter was coming, that was the other reason!

Just been out to my 2005 CLS55 AMG and I have them fitted in the rear. There is a little symbol on the seat bases, removing the panel reveals the connections.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom