W219 CLS Xenon Bulb Change

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

h17n dj

Car
W126 500SEL
Good Afternoon all,

So, on the 2010 W219 CLS (GE), the passenger side xenon went a bit dim and changed colour last week but now has started to flicker. So a replacement is definitely required. MB MK just quoted £112 just for the bulb and labour on top!!!

Does anybody have a "how to" or something similar of how to change the bulb? Is it a DIY job?

Also, there are lots on eBay or Amazon at a fraction of the cost. what temperature colour is OEM? anybody have a link as to where they got theirs from?

All help appreciated.

Many Thanks.

DIY if you have small hands!
I believe OEM colour temperature is 4300k
Don't buy cheap, they never last, watch out for counterfeit big name brands on eBay.
My dealership fitted bulbs I supplied FOC...

Also, there are lots on eBay or Amazon at a fraction of the cost. what temperature colour is OEM? anybody have a link as to where they got theirs from?

As above, OEM is 4300K. Are yours D2S? £75 for a pair of OSRAM on Amazon, look for ‘sold by Amazon’ not third parties :)

Thanks for all of your help above. I doubt my stealership will fit for free. I mean £112 is a bit steep for 1 bulb. Does anybody have some sort of procedure? replaced plenty of halogens. I don't have the smallest of hands though.

I believe they are D2S, as its the facelift. I saw a Philips bulb for £43 on eBay for a 1-off (which is all I need).

Thanks for all of your help... It turns out that the dealer will fit FOC. I've managed to get some discount on the bulb to £96 so I'm just going to go with it. the voltage of these bulbs does put me off slightly!

Thanks for all of your help... It turns out that the dealer will fit FOC. I've managed to get some discount on the bulb to £96 so I'm just going to go with it. the voltage of these bulbs does put me off slightly!

The voltage is zero when the headlights are turned off :)

Probably best to buy and fit a pair as if one has gone the other may follow and you will also guarantee a colour match. And yes you need very small hands or a ramp. I lost most of the skin off the back of my hands trying. MB ended up fitting the ones I had bought for me during a service.

Well, one was done last year but was in a rush at the time as it smack bang in the middle of winter. this time I have a bit of time so was contemplating it. So I guess it will be sort of a matching pair now.

I don't fancy losing half of my hand either! Luckily MB will fit FOC and I got a bit of discount on the bulb itself due to the friendly parts guy.

Well, one was done last year but was in a rush at the time as it smack bang in the middle of winter. this time I have a bit of time so was contemplating it. So I guess it will be sort of a matching pair now.

I don't fancy losing half of my hand either! Luckily MB will fit FOC and I got a bit of discount on the bulb itself due to the friendly parts guy.

I wouldn’t call it ‘discount’ as a pair of OSRAM genuine bulbs on Amazon are £70ish.

You are paying £96 for one :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom