W219 CLS55 - LED Daytime Running Lights DRL Mod

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
??? Black/white is usually indicator (black/green on the other side)

Video clip HERE of the DRLs automatically switching off when the sidelights/headlights are switched on.

[YOUTUBE]QJgjtp_ERKo[/YOUTUBE]

(Excuse the Wood Pigeon) :D

I had OSRAM LEDriving Fog lights fitted to mine.

Looks OEM and combines functions of fog and DRL, looks oem!

If only the DRL shape was circular, I'd be very interested in a set...

If only the DRL shape was circular, I'd be very interested in a set...
I quite like the shape of the drl when it is lit, it's just so bright that you can barely make out the shape

b1g1an said:
They'd just be off :D If they used a module that dims them 50% when the headlights come on as the law permits that'd be different.

Et voila!!
They actually look brighter at night - perhaps slightly brighter than sidelights.

http://youtu.be/X_ND7KjBthg

Auto normally, but for the purpose of the video I switched it to off to get the DRLs on.

So yes, works with both :)

Last edited:
But it does just look like you have turned your fog lights on during the day, wanting to join the BMW brigade! ;)

And lost the "home" function?

Doesnt really show in the photos, but they have a sharpe light pattern to them, just like all other DRLS you see, so no, not like foglights. :)

After alot of research, I opted for the 9" Hella circle model which were produced around 2-3 years ago.

Really neat job - you deserved the beer.

Had to say I read through with interest - that size would be something else!

if on Auto and main lights come on, DRLs go off?

Yep,

With Auto Selected
Ignition on > DRLs ON
Low light > Sidelights on > DRLs Off
No light > Headlights on > DRLs Off

And with '0' selected > DRLs on

Last edited:
Are there two stages in the Auto lights function? I thought it was straight to dipped headlamps (with side lights)?

I assumed side lights were technically only Parking lights. One shouldn't drive on side lights only?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom