W219 Facelift steering wheel for pre-fl W209

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ChristopherLembra

Car
CLS 55 AMG (current); CLK 500 (sold)
Hello!

Currently using the casual clk (w209) leather steering wheel shown on first picture. Now I know the same steering wheel was used on prefacelift cls (w219) and on facelift e class (w211) . CLS w219 got a new steering wheel for facelift version (shown on 2. picture). Is it possible to add this new steering wheel for the W209 as well (for the pre-facelift model. w209 pre-facelift and facelift had same steering wheels anyways, maybe just minor design change). Are they compatible?

Thank You!

upload_2020-3-31_20-41-16.png

upload_2020-3-31_20-41-33.png

Will do some more research too and get back to you! Probably the only interior bit of the car id personally change is an updated steering wheel!

Also going to look into some of the more modern steering wheels, there must be a way to splice in the wires and make the buttons work 😅

Any updates on this? Really want to change the steering wheel in my 2008 W219 CLS.

Any updates on this? Really want to change the steering wheel in my 2008 W219 CLS.
Just sold the car yesterday and i left the steering wheel as it was. Got 9k euros for it with 184k miles. Will get me a 06 cls 55 amg in coming days if everything goes right :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom