W219 Front Fuses / Sam - Constant vs. ignition fed power

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

moodi

Car
CLS55
Hi all,

Anyone know which of the front SAM fuses on a W219 are constant vs. ignition fed?

Many thanks

MR4nLMCl.png

If it's anything like the E class, then #54 the Cigarette lighter has two positions for the fuse carrier. One is switched, the other constant

yep, #54 you can see two possible positions for fuse (middle pin is always connected)

I see the same for 53 - horn. Am I right in understanding that in either case (horn or cigarette lighter) they can be switched to either on with ignition only or on constant, with no adverse effects? (other than the horn or cigarette lighter always being on of course).

If this is the case, think I will use the horn constant. Can think of no disadvantage to this given there have been times in the past with ignition off I have wanted to horn in other cars, parked up in car parks with others getting dangerously close, picking up passengers at the airport/station, etc.

Interesting - switching the position of both fused made no difference to either the horn or cigarette lighter functionality. Ideas???

strange... this has been covered many times when people wanted cigarette lighter socket powered device to run even ingintion switch off, and I can't remember any complains...
Horn function I rember not mentioned before but cigarrette lighter should work. I believe its time to use your multimeter :)

Yup cigarette lighter works when fuse is in the position to run even when ignition off. Not sure why the horn doesn't but in either case I'm going to just use the 12v constant and try to leave the fuses in their original places (off with ignition)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom