W219 Interior leather colour code

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

LiamMoran

Car
1989 190 2.0, 2008 CLS 320cdi, 2013 Smart ForTwo
Hello,

i'm wanting to order some dye to sort my slightly worn steering wheel, I have a cream/beige leather interior but looking up the colour via one of those Vin reading sites I'm getting "Equipment: 204A - LEATHER - BROWN"

if I google 204A I can't find anything but 204 shows a very brown "hazelnut brown"

Brown? is that right? I really wouldn't call this interior brown?
84762248_2546323105641336_6380195740936830976_n.jpg

edit, found a few interior colours on W219/W211s that look the same, Kashmir Beige/cashmir Beige, java and Light Tan but I have no idea if they're the same with different names? no idea what colour codes they'll be either

Last edited:
Or you could contact Royal Steering Wheels Royal Steering Wheels | Exclusive look, unique feeling and they will rebuild the wheel to the right colour with better padding etc. Huge improvement over the standard wheel and not that expensive, mine cost around £150 rebuilt with nappa leather (solid and perforated), thicker padding and thumb grips - the old wheel was thin, hard and shiny and didn't fit the overall standard of the car. Their work is faultless as I think a few others on here will testify.

I've discovered the colour is Kashmir Beige which is the same as Java and code X30 if anyone needs it.

I did consider using them to rebuild my wheel, but if I was going to spend money rebuilding one I'd like to try and find a paddle shift wheel and have the car coded to work with the shifters

I ordered some of the dye/restorer and I've done my gearknob and steering wheel, both I removed from the car thanks to KillerHERTZ's video. Some of the stitching was comming away on the right side of the wheel which my partner has sorted out for me (tried to get her to restitch the whole wheel!) First gave them both a deep clean using an all purpose cleaner, magic sponges and microfiber cloths.

Before:

Worn gearknob
7TbKHzK.jpg

wdxlbm2.jpg

After

eCyfU4R.jpg

And the wheel before
XvaK9ex.jpg

Stitching coming away.
RkHYDLJ.jpg

4cn4O5J.jpg

After!
WeLy3A7.jpg

Girlfriends fantastic stitching
kZPywxC.jpg

eiV4gpd.jpg

All fitted and finished. looks a little off in the photo but it is a perfect match (ignore the horrible winter rubber floor mats!)
1lSQRPo.jpg

That's a top notch job, looks great. Would be interested in where you got the dye/restorer. Wife's landy needs some freshening up.

Sorry, just looking at this again. Blooming amazing job. Still can't believe it.
I'm thinking of trying this on my black driver's seat back bolster, but I'm worried it might stain the light great stitching.

For £10, a test patch on the stitching could be in order, where it disappears underneath the drivers seat at the back, accessed from the rear passenger foot well!

Did you use the leather prep prior to using the dye or not? I am going to order some for my wheel and gear knob as they have a couple of marks like yours did. thanks

Hi there I have the same issue with my CLS, it shows code 204 but it's every dark but the colour is much lighter, could I please have the colour code for the dye you got please

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom