W219 steering wheel upgrade

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Brook

Car
CLS 350
I've searched on here and everywhere with no definitive answer.
I have the steering wheel with thin wood at the top and really do not like it.. can any later wheels fit and controls work with a bit of jiggery-pokery? I'd like a nice thicker leather flat bottomed wheel ideally or will have to take mine somewhere to have it worked on.
Thanks in advance for any help.

You could easily get your existing wheel rebound if not reshaped. A good upholsterer or leather worker could probably do it in-situ in any material you wanted. Wouldn't cost megabux either.

How old is your W219 ?

It had a face-lift around 08 -> 10 , the latter had a three spoke wheel.

I had mine reworked at Royal Steering Wheels to be a bit thicker and flat (ish) bottomed.

Kenny

How old is your W219 ?

It had a face-lift around 08 -> 10 , the latter had a three spoke wheel.

I had mine reworked at Royal Steering Wheels to be a bit thicker and flat (ish) bottomed.

Kenny
It's an old girl, 2006 ,350 petrol. It's in great condition but that wheel just slips through my fingers with almost half of it being wood.

What did they charge you if you don't mind me asking .

It's an old girl, 2006 ,350 petrol. It's in great condition but that wheel just slips through my fingers with almost half of it being wood.

What did they charge you if you don't mind me asking .

£120 but that was a few years back , if you search for "Royal Steering Wheels" there will be a few pics of it on one of my reply posts.

K

£120 but that was a few years back , if you search for "Royal Steering Wheels" there will be a few pics of it on one of my reply posts.

K
Just looked at it.. looks bloody good.. will be contacting them.. I'd rather mine was a bit smaller but 100% improvement.
Thanks for the info.

You could easily get your existing wheel rebound if not reshaped. A good upholsterer or leather worker could probably do it in-situ in any material you wanted. Wouldn't cost megabux either.
Brilliant.. someone else has give
N me a name of a place.
Exactly what I will do now..
Thanks for the advice. 👍

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom