W219 / W211 Gearbox - clutch disengage

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Gregor

Car
CLS
Hi guys,

Gearbox (cls 2006 diesel 722) stucks in a mid range gear after breaking to standstill or breaking to very slow speedon angled road . If I stop again and change gear to any other position and put back to drive or rev - clutch is disengaged completely, behaves like in neutral. After stoping and starting engine again - works fine.

Happened several times already - most common scenario happens under circumstances with those factors :

1. breaking or stoping on angled down road (motorway slip road etc)
2. it doesn't matter what speed I did drive before breaking , could be 20 could be 70)
3. it doesn't mater if if its a clod start or after hour of driving

- It's not common turbo / sensors issue - I done that some time ago
- It's not batter as I just change it (hoping it will fix the problem)
- Oil changed half a year ago - no symptoms before that but that could be just timing

Do you think it's a time for electronics to be changes in gearbox?
Cheers for help

Sounds like the electroplate/speed sensor,
Really needs the codes read at a good indy to confirm.

Sounds like the electroplate/speed sensor,
Really needs the codes read at a good indy to confirm.

I was afraid you will say that o_O but I have been mentally prepared for this moment for a while.

If that is the diagnosis, a good indy should be able to do the job for around £400 - £450 inc parts and labour.
Should be good as new after that.

If that is the diagnosis, a good indy should be able to do the job for around £400 - £450 inc parts and labour.
Should be good as new after that.
thanks, is the electroplate coded to the car, will that case any problems when replaced or those days it's not an issue anymore?

Have you got the 5g autobox or the 7g?
I think the 7g are coded and cost more than my above estimate. I read that the 7g electroplate can be sent away (to Bulgaria) and refurbished far cheaper.
https://www.softelectronic.com/

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom