w220 2001 320L S Class, sat nav aerial id

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

pc-uk007

Car
2001, W220, S320L, petrol,
Someone must know what aerial lead looks like that plugs into back of comand unit, help please need to get sorted, my winter project on jobs to do list, my time clock on dash is always slow as i think it gets a gps time signal from nav, i do correct time but clock looses time daily:doh:

The aerial plugs into the gold socket on the left. An aftermarket one costs £10

108924d1183994364-comand-2-5-s-class-2001-wiring-loom-comand-003.jpg

!BWbcCj!!mk~$(KGrHgoOKkEEjlLm(0GPBK(ZJKytt!~~_12.JPG

http://cgi.ebay.de/GPS-Antenne-SMB-...ZFahrzeugantennen_Zubehör?hash=item414a0158b4

Last edited:
Chas, u hav helped me out again, many thanx, I have sent message via eBay to seller, I hope he will ship it to me, regards PC :bannana:

If you need any help installing it let me know. The best place for it is under the plastic grill on the bonnet next to the windscreen washers.The aerial is 100 % waterproof, and you will get unrestricted satellite reception

Last edited:
Hi Chas, I have ordered aerial from Germany, many thanks again for your help, your a star, I have a Piccollo safty camera detector that sits on the O/S corner of dash near screen just behind front parking aid light pod so I might fit this aerial on the N/S corner of dash to match they might match in size too, I'll let you know, if not I will consider your option funny thing I have noticed that the phone patch aerial is there I noticed it when I was doing water collection problem that is now resolved, regards PC.

You will get much better reception if the aerial is installed on the outside under the plastic grille

thats true Chas, I might take your advise, it seems you have been there and worn the t shirt on this one, must be a common prob, i am praying aerial cures my non reception to sats if not it will be a internal comand prob, really don,t want to go there and may not be worth it as its software is probably out of date anyway, it will be good to get correct time, i hate things that don't work right.

When you remove the COMAND unit keep it plugged in to everything, sit it on a towel next to the gear selector and just plug in the aerial, switch COMAND on,and stick the receiver outside to check if the problem is cured

Ho well Chas, tried the new gps aerial into back of radio with aerial stuck on roof still no sats, i will have another go at it tomorrow.

what is the other coaxial lead for in back of comand unit that has same type of connector as Nav aerial but smaller in size that is located half way up the back of comand unit but more near centre ??? its not for radio

Hi all, my problem was solved with new gps aerial, thank you Chas for locating aerial for me and his help with this matter, if anyone has the same problem with aerial and needs to replace it, it will take at least 30 minutes for the new aerial to be recognised, so i am pleased to say another successful job completed showing 7 sats now instead of zero, clock also self adjusting,thanks again Chas.

Last edited:
Do you want help to install the aerial under the windscreen washer grille on the bonnet?

Hi Chas, only got nav working today gps aerial sitting behind tax disc at moment,while its working i am going to leave it there but i may consider altering its location at a later date (should'nt be to difficult for me to do) thanks for the offer Chas. i am just so happy its working now.

Well done mate. Glad you got it all working ok.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom