W220 2005 S Class 320cdi Airmatic problem.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

BelfastBill

Car
S CLASS 320 CDI
W220 2005 S Class 320cdi Airmatic problem, the Airmatic warning has been coming up for a while now but when I turn the car off and restart it goes away sometimes for a month or so,unfortunately it has been coning on more frequently lately.
I have stuck the ICarsoft diagnostic on to it today and the fault code c1517 064 with the message the level difference between the front left and front right is to large the pressure build -up between the compressor and the closed valve block is to low.
Anyone on here know what the fix for this is please. Could I get away with a repair kit for the compressor?? Any help would be very much appreciated.

Thanks Bill.

I have a 2001 S320cdi. There are many causes for the air suspension warning message. Does the car sink overnight? Does the car raise and lower when activated? Check the tops of the struts, often the pump will be running to keep the strut filled because of air leaking which may trigger the warning. With Star diagnosis it can identify a leaking strut as I believe it can direct air directly to each strut to identify a leak. Spray some soapy water on the top of the struts to find any leaks, even the slightest hairline crack can cause a leak and also spray the valve block to see if there’s any obvious leaks.

I documented my repairs on my car on this forum listing the problems I experienced, there are some great threads I searched for on this forum that helped me out a lot.

Thanks Design guru.

I purchased two aftermarket copy front struts off *bay and they’d have been fine ever since, been over 2 years and the drive quality is great, very easy to fit yourself, just make sure both sides of the car is lifted to ensure the struts lift out easily. Get it diagnosed to pinpoint the issue and hopefully it’s just something minor, mine failed after 196k so I got a good run from them, the rears are still fine and original. It’s now on 240k.

Sadly the value of the car did not justify genuine mercedes parts in this instance.

The repair kit is quite expensive and an aftermarket pump can be purchased for £100 which I did and has not given any problems (possibly I have been lucky with my aftermarket struts and pump). Being from mainly China the cost to send back is often mare than the part. Sometimes the cost of genuine parts can be a peace of mind and the warranty is guaranteed.

Thanks, she sits fine it's just that the warning sign comes on more often. I will keep any new issues it any occur.

Cheer's Bill.

Thanks, she sits fine it's just that the warning sign comes on more often. I will keep any new issues it any occur.

Cheer's Bill.

Does the car still have the original pump and filter? The warning probably keeps coming on because the filter is blocked, and the pump turns itself off to prevent overheating. I would change the pump filter personally, and check the pipework each side of the filter for splits.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom