w220 2005 s320 cdi Limp mode

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

merc85

MB Enthusiast
SUPPORTER
Car
CLK 500
A friend has a w220 2005 and it went into limp mode, Star fault code came up with.

2510-1 Check component Y100/1 (Right charge pressure sensor positioner) Positioner signals fault code 2526-004

And a Heater booster fault which i wouldnt had thought would send the car into limp mode.

What does this code mean? 2510-1 Check component Y100/1 (Right charge pressure sensor positioner) Positioner signals fault

Really appreciate any help:thumb:

Last edited:
It needs a new turbo.

Really appreciate the reply, the car has only done 70k, i presume the actuator maybe at fault?

I have put the customer onto you, he originally had the car read by MB slough as they were the closest to him.

I suggested he contacted you for a 2nd opinion and possible repair.

Ok, thanks.

The code is actually :

2526-004 Test signal cable to component Y100/1 (Right charge pressure positioner) Signal line is interrupted.

Could this only be remedied with a new turbo ? Could it not be the actuator or faulty wiring somewhere ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Replacement actuators is not a reliable fix in my experience. A new turbo isn't expensive and it may cure your issues. It's not easy to diagnose faults like this without the car in front of me!

Please can anyone help me my c220 has this fault - right charge pressure positioner (Part Y100/1) error

Replacement actuators is not a reliable fix in my experience. A new turbo isn't expensive and it may cure your issues. It's not easy to diagnose faults like this without the car in front of me!
I agree this is a tough 'un without a scannner in live data, and "doing the knowledge".
A lot of components are in consort determining the charge pressure positioner position, and it also limits boost when there is a fault in one of the components who are chatting to one another through the ECM.
On this you have to be precise with the diag' to find the fault for a successful repair, otherwise we we repair folk don't meet customer expectations.
Tuercas Viejas

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom