W220 320CDi CEL and other issues!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

SLK230Auto

Car
SLK
Ok, so my engine starting showing a CEL with accompanying "Oil sensor faulty" light once driven, switched off and restarted; it would then only idle until about 20 mins later when it would then respond to the pedal - this has got progressively work and happens everytime the car is driven, no matter how short a distance and more noticeably once warm / hot.
I've changed the oil sensor and that didn't work; I've now changed the Crankshaft and Camshaft position sensors and not only hasn't that worked it's actually made it worse! The car now cranks and times out but wont start until about the 3rd, 4th of 5th attempt where it immediately shows up the CEL and oil sensor faulty lights and reverts back to idle only.
I did have it put on MB Star diagnostics a while ago when the CEL first started coming on and they didn't find any faults/codes so at £180 I'm reluctant to return and be told the same.
Anyone have any clue/idea on where to look? having put new parts on, how can it have made it worse! Is there a reset or something I don't know of???:confused:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom