W220 Airmatic problem again

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

midlife

Guys

I have just purchased the repair kits to hopefully make good the airmatic system again but I can't find the thread that gave the description on how to fit these seals. I'm honestly not being lazy so if someone can point me in the right direction on where to find it I would be grateful

Regards

Where did you buy the kits from, and would you mind sharing how much they cost?

Sorry I cant help locate the original post..

£81.00 each from the dealer and guess what over 200 sets were purchased last year (common problem I'd say) I have still to get hold of the special tool that is needed. I was hoping that someone on the forum might have a picture of the toll so I could source

Have you searched on the benzworld.org site as well? I seem to recall something over there a while back.

Which tool do you need. Is it the residual pressure valve adaptor?

220589000900.gif

If so it's p/n 220 589 00 09 00

Which kit has the seals, is it.? A2203202538

Since changing to 20" wheels I have been suffering from the pump coming on more often than not. Now I don't know if the 20" wheels have anything to do with this.
I decided to put soapy water over the top of the struts and the driver side started bubbling up but the pssenger side was minimal but it has actually cracked the resin so bad that it has actually popped out. I pushed it back in but it keeps coming back out. The seals are hopefully all it needs but if you have any ideas please let me know (especially if it means that I don't need new struts
Cheers

Since changing to 20" wheels I have been suffering from the pump coming on more often than not. Now I don't know if the 20" wheels have anything to do with this.
I decided to put soapy water over the top of the struts and the driver side started bubbling up but the pssenger side was minimal but it has actually cracked the resin so bad that it has actually popped out. I pushed it back in but it keeps coming back out. The seals are hopefully all it needs but if you have any ideas please let me know (especially if it means that I don't need new struts
Cheers

My offside front strut is leaking from the top, instead of repairing it, I'm just getting another strut. Been offered SH one for £100, however a new one is like £700+VAT.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom