W220 Audio 10 Cassette replace with Alpine Double DIN q

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

diddyp

Car
s320cdi 2003MY facelift
Hello All
I am now the proud owner of a 10,000 mile 1999 W220 S320 :) It is in as new condition and the only thing I want to change is the head unit - currently it has an Audio 10 cassette head unit, I want to fit an Alpine W925R double din head unit.

Questions:
* Does the rear of the Audio 10 have standard ISO connectors and FM antenna connector? Do I need a harness adaptor?

* Where can I get a speed sensor signal from, or is it already in the ISO connector block?

* Where is the best place to mount the GPS antenna?

* Where can I get a reverse signal from? (will be fitting a reversing camera).

* Are there any plug and play recommended speaker replacements for my non-BOSE set up?

Is there anything else I should be made aware of in terms of fitting the unit? Any recommended fascias?

Cheers,

bump!

Easiest way
Try eBay item 281855726457

Same vintage as W210 so I would guess it has ISO connectors and will require an adaptor for the aerial. You will also need to take an ignition live from somewhere, the rest of the ISO connections should be ok

Same vintage as W210 so I would guess it has ISO connectors and will require an adaptor for the aerial. You will also need to take an ignition live from somewhere, the rest of the ISO connections should be ok

thanks! i might bite the bullet, buy the parts and try the install myself... what about reverse signal if there is such a thing...

i've also looked behind the CD changer and there appears to be no Amp... is that right? car has no bose

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom