W220 C320CDI Tyres

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

rk22lh

Car
W220 S320CDI
Hello
I have bought a C320CDI, 2004.
The two front tyres are Continental 245/45/ZR18 and the two rears are 265/40/R18
Not sure why, as the handbook says they should be same size.
Anyone aware of any problems with this?
If changing tyres, what is recommended for quiet and comfort?

Chances are the car is running a staggered wheel setup, so the different sizes will be normal.

Chances are the car is running a staggered wheel setup, so the different sizes will be normal.

+1 this is quite normal for the larger wheels and almost always on AMG wheels.

The rear wheels themselves are wider, hence the wider / different sized tyre. Some W220 S Classes have the same width wheels and tyres front / rear.

Mine ran on standard 16" wheels and were not staggered.

Best tyres that I had (including Continentals) were Kuhmo, quiet, grippy and did 40k miles on a set.

I ran the rears at the lowest recommended pressure and the fronts on the highest, ensured even wear across all 4 tyres.

Look in your handbook to see if it covers the size of tyres. What are the sizes of your spare wheel and spare tyre? What set front or back, does it match up to?

The Owners Handbook will tell you what tyre sizes and configurations are possible for your vehicle, but won't tell you which tyres size(s) your particular vehicle originally came with.

You can obtain this information form the sticker on the inside cover of the Service Book, or from the car's Datcard.

But in the first instance, check that the tyres' configuration is indeed one of the listed options in the Owners Handbook. If it is, then you are OK as far as driving the car safely is concerned. Then check what sizes actually came factory-fitted with the vehicle - if you are using different tyre sizes than the original fitment, then you will need to inform your insurer about this.

Hello
I have bought a C320CDI, 2004.
The two front tyres are Continental 245/45/ZR18 and the two rears are 265/40/R18
Not sure why, as the handbook says they should be same size.
Anyone aware of any problems with this?
If changing tyres, what is recommended for quiet and comfort?

Am sure the answer is in the owners manual.

Didn't buy it off a boy racer did you?

Often people change the original wheels/tyres and ruin a car.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom