W220 Chinese nav jobbies

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

capnahab

Car
W220 S430
hi all. im very tempted by these replacement 16;9 nav/dvd units you see on ebay, to replace my 4:3 Blakes 7 unit. does anyone have any experience with them?

this sort of thing;

8848208811b0b28f5d92556dd6ad513b.image.550x550.jpg

I had chinese unit as RNS 510 replacement in my golf, and it wasn't worth it believe me.
First it was very slow, second integration with vehicle was 0, i could not use st wheel control, MFD. Third, support from China/UK was rubbish.
I had it in my car for couple days, and I sent it back.

If you want aftermarket unit go, for Pioneer, Kenwood or any other reputable manufactures

hmm ok dude. these ae supposed to be compatible with the steering wheel but i suppose its bit of a risk..

hmm ok dude. these ae supposed to be compatible with the steering wheel but i suppose its bit of a risk..

They all say this,
I even paid extra £30 for canbus adaptor and never worked.
I am not saying, Merc will be same as VW. If you really want it, try it and get seller agree if unit will not be 100% integrate with car, you can return.

Yeah I'd stand no chance if I tried to send it back to China, and UK sellers want to charge around 450 for the imported units... Whereby I could buy the complete 16:9 unit for similar money

Regardless of what the picture shows I have only seen a fascia panel that allows a double din size unit for your year W220 and its over £250 for the fascia alone. Do they actually sell that fascia panel in the picture for older models before they switched to 16:9 widescreen Comand NTG1?

Here is the fascia I mentioned. http://www.celsusice.co.uk/shopdisp_5150.php

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom