W220 Closing aid doors standard?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ronildo

Have been trying to find out whether closing aid doors (where they close by themselve) were standard or an option on all W220 S-Class'.

Reason is my recently acquired S320 CDI does not have them, and just wanted to know if my car had something missing from it, or if the closing aid was an option.

Thanks

Closing aids were an option on the W220 and are still an option on W221.

From memory on the W220 they were standard from S430 upwards and for the W211 standard on S500 upwards, they were always optional though

Optional on all but quite a popular option, though not very good if your passengers don't know about them and slam the door and the feature eventually fails (failure was frequent on the W140 when they first launch the feature)

I'm thinking of getting self-closing doors as a retrofit on my recently acquired 2001 S320 CDI.

Optional on all but quite a popular option, though not very good if your passengers don't know about them and slam the door and the feature eventually fails (failure was frequent on the W140 when they first launch the feature)

Are you sure the door closing system fails because the doors are slammed to close? The 221 is a bit different but I myself almost always slam the door, soft closing is for me a backup if slamming the door to close it fails. So far I have not had problems.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom