W220 COMMAND TV Problem

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

mercmister

Car
MERCEDES S320 LWB W220
Hello... I am new here. I am a new owner of a S320 LWB (W220) What a beauty she is! ;)

Couple of problems if you guys would help me... I'm guessing you guys are the real experts!

1. The tv reception isn't 100% great, anything I can check? connections or fuses etc...
  2. I have the genuine rear tv in the middle fitted, anyone know if I can buy the bracket for it anywhere? My one is slightly damaged... and i like things perfect. Which i'm sure will be a moneypitt on keeping an S class perfect :crazy:
thanks for all your time and help in advance..

Hello... I am new here. I am a new owner of a S320 LWB (W220) What a beauty she is! ;)

Couple of problems if you guys would help me... I'm guessing you guys are the real experts!

1. The tv reception isn't 100% great, anything I can check? connections or fuses etc...
  2. I have the genuine rear tv in the middle fitted, anyone know if I can buy the bracket for it anywhere? My one is slightly damaged... and i like things perfect. Which i'm sure will be a moneypitt on keeping an S class perfect :crazy:
thanks for all your time and help in advance..
Hello & welcome to the forum!

To answer your questions;

1. It is probable that you need the freeview module attaching. Although mine does have the freeview module and the reception anywhere other than an open space is quite poor.

2. I also have the rear factory fitted TV and the bracket for it is circa £800.

Last edited by a moderator:
Is the TV ok if stationary? Reception on the move is frequently not very good. Depends on where you are. If its ok at rest then that is probably as good as it gets. Otherwise look at the aerial and its connections.
Have you tried the dealer for the bracket. Its probably your best bet if costly.

Hello & welcome to the forum!

To answer your questions;

1. It is probable that you need the freeview module attaching.

2. I also have the rear factory fitted TV and the bracket for it is circa £800.
Wow that's expensive... 800 for just the bracket?? Should i just live with the one that's fitted... any other options?

What is the free view module? and where do i get it? At the moment I have channels 1-5 which work fine but sometimes gets really fuzzy.

Wow that's expensive... 800 for just the bracket?? Should i just live with the one that's fitted... any other options?

What is the free view module? and where do i get it? At the moment I have channels 1-5 which work fine but sometimes gets really fuzzy.
Welcome to the world of Mercedes ownership; where the things you think will be cheap are expensive and vice-versa. Forum member Alps told me about the cost of the TV bracket.

You must be missing the freeview module then. There is Alfie & Richard who are two forum members on here that have their own company 'Comand' who should be able to help you out.

Is the TV ok if stationary? Reception on the move is frequently not very good. Depends on where you are. If its ok at rest then that is probably as good as it gets. Otherwise look at the aerial and its connections.
Have you tried the dealer for the bracket. Its probably your best bet if costly.
yeh the tv is okay when stationary... :) Do you think i would find a used bracket anywhere?

Also, I have 2 other problems with the car if any can help

1. this is a lwb model, i should be able to move the front passenger seat from the rear, however this does not work and the arrow button does not even light up at night? any idea how to check the fuse on this one?

2. my drivers side glass mirror does not move and again the button to select the drives side mirror does not light up.

Can i ask why fuses always have to changed in the s classes? seems strange that there's always something not working and it always comes down to a fuse

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom