W220 EL. POWER CONTROL VISIT WORKSHOP! EPC

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

design guru

Car
2001 W220 Mercedes S320cdi & 2001 W208 CLK230K (SORN since 2008)
Happy New year.

I have had my car sitting for the last few weeks and it has been running on reserve, took it for some diesel yesterday and as I switched the car on after checking the tyres the warning message appeared EL. POWER CONTROL VISIT WORKSHOP! EPC

I had no issues driving the car, I filled it up and gave a quick blast down the motorway. Car drove perfect fine, no issues. Used the car today and the error message appeared in the morning but it drove 40+ miles with no issues. Message appears every time I start the car but no issues. I did read it can be resolved by changing the fuel filter, but also read it can cut out when driving.

I also have a high pitch squeal when taking off, changed the belt and all the pulleys felt secure. Not sure what it could be, my alternator pulley wheel did break off a few months back after the bearings had seized up but the alternator was not seized so the recovery told me I could get a replacement pulley, it’s worked for the last 6 months.

Going to change the filter this weekend and see if it stops the error message from appearing.

Happy New year, please let me know what the outcome is.

So I managed to replace the fuel filter, it was quite dark on the lower half, it still runs fine but I did find the message still appears overtime I start the car, it still drives fine but there are moments when it feels like the car has gone into limp mode but then just responds again when the accelerator is pressed. I think I need to get the battery checked as the battery maybe on the way out and now the car is only getting used every 3 days as opposed to being used daily.

I need to get it checked to identify the exact problem, nothing shows up on the iCarsoft MBII V2

Possible air getting into the system. Check the O rings on the fuel lines and also the condition of the clear fuel lines

Update:

As before the car runs fine the message does pop up when I start the car but it does not affect starting the car or putting it in gear it seems when I am driving if I release the accelerator when slowing down and then go to accelerate it does not respond for about 5 seconds and then just kicks in and accelerates as normal, this happens at random times. It does not stall the engine and no warning lights appear it just goes through this stage of being unresponsive for 5 seconds when I release the accelerator and then go to press it again, this only started a few days ago otherwise aside for the message it was running as normal.

A changed the fuel filter but it made no difference.

Think I would have the car hooked up to star. I carsoft V2.0 I had and sold one won't solve your issue. Good luck.

It could be a simple as a faulty throttle pedal.
I'll give you a call later today to get an appointment for diagnosis, my scanner did flag the throttle sensor 1 and 2, but also several other things so not sure I want to start replacing all the parts if the throttle sensor remedies the rest.

Problem Solved:D

After Ollys (BlackC55) suggestion of a possible faulty throttle pedal, I got my hands on a used one online for £10, 20 minutes to remove and fit and lo and behold the message no longer appears, the response in instant again.

Thanks Olly and everyone who offered help, its greatly appreciated. I am all back to normal asides from the rust that is slowly eating away at my car.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom