W220 Electric drop

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

tvor

Car
S350 2004
Every 30-50 miles or so I am getting a cut out in my electrics for a split second.

Basically the lights on the dash flicker esp comes up as fault and the wipers come on.

Tonight for 5 minutes I couldn't lock the car and nothing was working on the key. Then everything was fine. I checked i have key cover :thumb:

But it is a worry I have a face lift 350 I have the car soft i980 which has identified a voltage drop but not where ? It recently (2 months ago) went under star but everything mechanically was fine.

Any ideas ?? I have owned the car for 18 months never had an issue its now done 150k and I live in Dudley.

tvor Welcome from Kidderminster . You need to check condition of the battery .You may have one in the boot also ..Check for water around the electronic boxes that sit in there Check all the earth points on the body .

key

You need to check the EIS electronic ingnition switch . Try this first put your key in the ingnition, turn it on, but dont start it ,now wait for 2 mins. I have read some place, that there is a recall for this problem .To do with ecu I think its time for star,And a hefty bill .

Voltage on battery was 14.2 when running as thats first thing I thought?

Today not a peep out of anything, key issue appears to have solved itself but I have back up insurance company said give them a ring if i wanted to?

I was going to check the weekend the fuse boxes but wondered if the command centre could be causing a spike as its the only thing genuinely on most of the time. GPRS has gone west and is not working but I can live without. With the M5 roadworks and worrying it may conk out but today was faultless?

Hope all is ok from now on .Any problems please post on the forum .Water in the boot can be a problem on them ,first thing to look for is damp. Your not to far away if you like you can pop in for acupa one nice night.

funnily enough went through a diagnosis this week for the car switched all in car electrics off

car been absolutely fine no issues not repeated etc super nice to drive etc .. classic 350 performance including suspension and settings

Observations

Auto wipers are fine
command centre been excellent no issues

Therefore leaves auto light switch which was on during all occasions so I am 98% sure its to do with the light circuit somewhere .... Onwards and upwards

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom