W220 Engine bay relay question

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

knudsenuk

Car
S320CDi
Hi All

I recently swapped my engine for a better unit. Same engine. Everything seemed fine until I discovered that the alternator seemed to have no affect on the overall voltage (ie same running or with the ignition on/engine off). Then got Star on it and there seems to be a short to ground on the heater booster circuit among other things. One other thing I can't for the life of me remember but I feel is worth asking is, are there two ring connections to the small relay box in the engine bay, mounted on the bulkhead V,W,X relays. One is attached to the engine loom and the other one comes from around the drivers (rhd CAR) side strut.

Just to add to the fun the car slipped off the jack on Friday, so I have just removed and refitted the sump from the other engine. Which required the engine to be removed yet again. If anyone needs and help with engine removal let me know, this is the 3rd time:rolleyes:

Do you have any symptoms?

This code comes up all the time and can be ignored if you have nothing wrong. We call them BS codes and most cars have them.

Yes the main issue is the voltage is too low. As if either something is pulling way too much current or the alternator is dead or was not connected correctly. It is connected correctly.

as we all know only too well these cats are sensitive to any voltage fluctuations and then like breeding rabbits you have a multitude of other error codes.
I am worried about this ring connector which goes (i think) to the binding post on the small fuse / relay box on the engine bulkhead.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom