W220 Front Seats into Vito 639?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ringway

MB Enthusiast
SUPPORTER
Car
2017 Audi RS6 Avant Performance Edition. Range Rover Supercharged - Lovely!
I'm at it again.

Are the seat runner spacings the same for W220 - W639's?

Also, is it just a simple power to seat wiring job for the W220 seats to function?

I'm desperate to change the Vito seats. If I cant get a soft enough seat I'll regrettably have to sell the van.

Thanks in advance.

Paul.

Do all 220 seats operate from door mounted control units?

Yes. I think you will struggle to get them to work as per OE. CAN is the issue. Manual switching can be done I'm sure.

Thanks, Olly. :thumb:

There just has to be a way of making 220 seats work. The stock seats are killing my back etc.

Perhaps the best seats to use or those with all possible adjustments are switches located on the seat. Such as R171 SLK or W245 or W164

Not all electric seats have door modules. Some are totally contained in the seat.

Perhaps the best seats to use or those with all possible adjustments are switches located on the seat. Such as R171 SLK or W245 or W164

Not all electric seats have door modules. Some are totally contained in the seat.

Yes, good point. My previous S210 had the controls and motor in/on the seats. I now have the orthopaedic seats in my current S210 (control unit on the doors) and although they are comfy and have a great range of adjustment, they are still not soft enough. The plan was to put some 210 seats in the Vito but I doubt they'll help now.

It looks as though W220 seats are my last option. I've tried all sorts of cushions (inc special gel ones) but none (apart from one of my sofa cushions which are too thick and make the driving position cramped and too high) do the job.

I hoping (even a basic W220 seat) might be the answer.

Fit a manual seat from a W126. No electric to worry about, much softer than the W220 although probably not as supportive.

For me the nicest compact seats for fitting into vans are from the 170 slk. Easy to make brackets to bolt then to existing frames and they are worlds comfier for me than sprinter seats.

Would it not be easier to use the seats from another van?

Vivaros have very nice comfy seats (did I mention that they don't rust?).

Renault Master seats aren't bad either, Merc van seats always seem a bit hard.

You could have them recovered to match what you have.

I'm desperate to change the Vito seats.

Do you already have the Vito Comfort seating (options SB1+SH4) with lumbar support adjustment (options SE5+SZ4)? If not I would try and find one of those.

PS re. the Vito seats, look for a ruffled storage pocket on the back of the driver's seat. This only came with the lumbar support option, and you could only have lumbar support on the Comfort seats. So ruffled pocket = good :thumb:

PS re. the Vito seats, look for a ruffled storage pocket on the back of the driver's seat. This only came with the lumbar support option, and you could only have lumbar support on the Comfort seats. So ruffled pocket = good :thumb:

Thanks for that, Bill.

The main problem is the firmness of the current seat base. They were perfectly acceptable before my back injury but now create problems.

Ideally, I would like something as soft and deep as a sofa cushion and the S-Class seats look the part. I would go and collect these seats which are low mileage if I thought they would be beneficial. I may just go and try before I buy. :)

Was just about to mention that , as the viano was also available with electric adjustable seating, and was more of a luxury vehicle , i was wondering if they would be more comfortable for you . Ask Zenman as he has a viano now and has had plenty of vitos in the past , i am sure he will tell you if they are more comfortable than the stock ones.

Nick

The Viano seats are more comfortable and much better than the Vito. When we got our Vito I commented on how hard they were, it had replaced a Transit. Mostly the Viano seats are leather and can come with full electric control and warming! They will also no doubt fit the the Vito - the base looks the same.

ringway said:
Thanks for that, Bill. The main problem is the firmness of the current seat base. They were perfectly acceptable before my back injury but now create problems. Ideally, I would like something as soft and deep as a sofa cushion and the S-Class seats look the part. I would go and collect these seats which are low mileage if I thought they would be beneficial. I may just go and try before I buy. :)

If you are anywhere near Bradford you are welcome to try out my Viano seats, I find them comfy for my back especially with the heating. There is a little +\- button for the lumbar support too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom