W220 gear selector dust cover

Discussion in 'Interior' started by hygt2, Feb 16, 2009.

1. hygt2

hygt2 Active Member

Car:
    2003 S320L CDI
    Hello all,

I am now trying to sort out some minor aesthetic on my car at the moment and one is the dust cover for the gear selector broke and you can see the metal bits underneath.

Would you be able to buy just the black ribbed piece of plastic separately or is it part of the wood surround or the mechanical box underneath?

How do the various parts comes apart?

What is the cheapest option? Is there a scrapyard for W220 you can recommend for me to contact?

Thank you very much in advance.

Kind regards,
    Garrison

2. chrisbrad66

chrisbrad66 Active Member

Car:
    S320 CDI, W203 320 CDI
    Try searching e-bay worldwide and type in W220, you will be amazed at what people are selling, i regularly see W220 gear surrounds and chrome trims on there

3. PJayUK

PJayUK Active Member

Car:
    ML320 W163, E320 W210 & Jaguar X300-XJR6
    Dronsfields?

4. chrisbrad66

chrisbrad66 Active Member

Car:
    S320 CDI, W203 320 CDI
    you could try them, they are easy to strip also, the chrome gear surround prises off and so does the wood console trim, be carefull when lifting the chrome surround as there are wires from the w/s gear selector switch to un-fasten, the gear lever knob base twists anti clockwise and then lift the nob off (forgot to mention that bit lol)