W220 Gear Selector dust cover

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

hygt2

Car
2003 S320L CDI
Hello all

Is there a way to buy the ribbed dust cover without buying the whole trip surround? Mine started cracking and when I tried to take it out to superglue it back together, the whole lot fell apart.

I have attached a photo of it.

If you cannot buy the ribbed dust cover separately, can any other model's ribbed cover be taken out separately and slot into the W220's?

Scrapped W220's gear trim is extremely hard to come by because the car has a odd colour/pattern wood.

Many thanks,
Garrison

Attachments

• Benz2 (GT).jpg
    Benz2 (GT).jpg
    26.4 KB · Views: 46
  • IMG_0145.jpg
    IMG_0145.jpg
    38.2 KB · Views: 45
  • IMG_0146.jpg
    IMG_0146.jpg
    47.6 KB · Views: 43
I believe MB call it a slotted gate.
About £110 pounds from the Stealership, so hope you find one from scrappy.

Can you not just use any old one from a W220 and remove the ribbed bit to fit into yours?

I bought a cover like that for my 202 back in 2003 and never got around to fitting it, it was about a fiver IIRC.

In addition to my earlier comments, having looked more closely at the pics the cover (which I now remember is listed as a "shutter" on the EPC) on the 202 is about half the width of the one on the 220.

When the shutter arrived I wasn't sure what to expect but said that it wasn't very big to the parts man. He replied "many men would be proud of one that size!", chuckled a bit and then went about his business. Made me laugh anyway...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom