w220 heater/air con air inlet, rain water collecting

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

pc-uk007

Car
2001, W220, S320L, petrol,
Moving my car the other day after after washing it the day previous it was noticed that a large amount of water slopped from bonnet vent from the drivers side, i found that drain was blocked this led to me checking the ones beneath in the well under both air vents behind engine compartment, i advise all to do the same using a jug of water and making sure that all drains are clear from blockage of leaves and dirt.:bannana:

It was actually a service measure from mb to modify the air box.

It was actually a service measure from mb to modify the air box.

Olly, can you remember what the modification was so w220 members can confirm their cars have been done?

Might be useful if all W220 OWNERS CHECK THIS

Olly, can you remember what the modification was so w220 members can confirm their cars have been done?

Might be useful if all W220 OWNERS CHECK THIS

Water/flood problem caused by MB cowboy ??! - Mercedes-Benz Owners' Forums

Mercedes-Benz Owners' Forums - View Single Post - Water/flood problem caused by MB cowboy ??!

Modification below (40p for part :)) If the box starts to fill up with water it should escape from the new fitting. Just make sure the new fitting is not above any electrical stuff as they don't always put it in the correct place! Also check the reed valves(number 2 in photo) are not blocked from above inside the box (look with a torch) throught the grille on top. If blocked use a length of wire or small thin cane to push out any debris from above through the grille
attachment.php

attachment.php

Last edited:
I can see the mod would work stopping water getting into heater blower but would not stop water collecting where fuse boxes are, I have spent about 2 hours today using vacuum cleaner to remove leaves and dirt from around the wells where front fuse boxes live and checking all fuses are at correct rating.

Last edited:
The put mine on the front side, about 2 inches to the left of the one in photo

Water issue resolved, Thanks for your coms, Regards PC.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom