W220 High Beam - LED Upgrade?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

computerman

Car
S55L AMG Beast and S600L Monster!
Hi all, was thinking of installing a pair of these in place of the standard halogen high beam bulbs, should go well with the HiD low beams... problem is, will they fit? Will I end up having to butcher anything? Any thoughts on heat issues, potential fan failure issues?

SINGLE BEAM CREE LED KIT : H7 CREE Headlight LED Kit - 2589 Lumens

Are these road legal in the UK?

Reading the ad, it does sound quite impressive I must say.

Call me an old cynic but I thought it was a requirement of the distance selling regulations (which have changed recently I know) that websites you order from had to display a "land address" somewhere?

The bulbs certainly sound good, not sure I believe the first user review though, seems a bit "complete" to be from a genuine user.

I am not so sure that they are covered under the MOT testing standards. From what I can see as long as the colour is correct it needs nothing else to be legal, for Main Beam. ?

From the MoT Tester's Manual

- main beam headlamps are aimed so that the beam image centre is on or slightly below the horizontal

From the MoT Tester's Manual

- main beam headlamps are aimed so that the beam image centre is on or slightly below the horizontal

that doesn't cover bulb type or quality of image though, unlike dipped beams.

But if they cannot determine the aim is correct, e.g. because of poor beam definition, the tester can fail the vehicle

Who says the beam definition will be so bad that its general aim is not withing a very wide tolerance?

If we was talking replacing a dipped beam i would agree with you.

Just answering your post #5, main beam headlamps are covered in the MoT and they need to be testable. Not commenting on any particular lamp fitment..

I have never, ever seen an MOT tester test the beam alignment of high beam, just a flick on to make sure the bulbs work, the dips always get the alignment test yes, but main beam........never seen that.

I'll contact them regarding the E marking... good point...

Just to revisit an old post... I ended up putting 'standard' H7's in (well, super-bright ones), but bought a set of these my my Landcruiser. Awesome. Flashing the lights is as rapid as a camera flash.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom