W220 Intake Mod

Discussion in 'Bodywork' started by alanuk400, Nov 24, 2008.

1. alanuk400

alanuk400 Hardcore MB Enthusiast

Car:
    Jaguar XJ-L x351
    Has anyone noticed that on the W220 V8 (Maybe others as well) in front of the Air intake pipes, the grill is solid plastic, 1st pic.

Surely if you got cold air straight into the airbox it would improve performance, or MPG for no cost, I cut away both sides, 2nd pic.

I haven't driven the car yet, but it worked on my V220

This link could be the next step, but not that colour.
    http://www.mbworld.org/forums/members/phatmitzu-albums-c-f-engine-bay-picture1367-dsc03307.html

Alan

Attached Files:

2. Dieselman

Dieselman Banned

Car:
    Peugeot 403 Convertible
    All you will gain is a load more flies, leaves and grit in your air filter. The intake is in a high-ish pressure zone anyway so is already benefitting from the ram air effect.

When your filter is soaked through on a cold wet night you'll wish you still had that shield in place.

3. OP
    OP
    alanuk400

alanuk400 Hardcore MB Enthusiast

Car:
    Jaguar XJ-L x351
    I didn't have that problem with the V-Class for over 2 yrs & did notice a lot of difference on hills, it didn't need to change down a gear, probably due to it being a smaller engine & more noticable. The filter is changed anyway.

Alan

Tags: