W220 Interior Rattle!!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

HarpreetSingh

Car
S55KL AMG (W220)
Good morning all!

so the S55 went in for its MOT today and passed (hurray!) however as i drove out the test centre and drove it home i could hear a rattling sound as if something is loose, coming from the front passenger side me thinks. It sounds like an interal rattle either from the dash or just inside the engine bay area... it only happens when im going over turbulance...

...does anyone have any ideas or are your guesses as good as mine?

any input is much appreciated thanks folks

A forum is not very helpful with things like this.

It could be 1 of a thousand possibilities. Best to get someone to listen while you drive, get it up on a ramp and check everything is tight and no play. Check the under engine shields are tight.

A forum is not very helpful with things like this.

It could be 1 of a thousand possibilities. Best to get someone to listen while you drive, get it up on a ramp and check everything is tight and no play. Check the under engine shields are tight.

Im sorry, i didnt know where else to go for some ideas other than a garage which i will do at lunch

thanks for the advice, ill be sure to check that out either this lunch time or at home on the drive

Don't be sorry, no question is a stupid question despite what some members here might tell you.

We can try our best to indicate some rough areas to look at least.

I found out what it was in the end, strangley enough it sounded like it was coming from the dash but after i moved the front passenger seat i heard something drop onto the carpet underneath it and low and behold the sound was gone! :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom