W220 Key remote problem

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

BelfastBill

Car
S CLASS 320 CDI
Well I'm having problems with my remote,it will only work when held against the little square sensor on the doors, if I use it on the drivers side I have to hold it tight against the little square and work it a couple of times, but on the passenger side it works from about a foot or two away from the door. Someone on here very kindly informed me that it could be the rear antenna at the top of the window which haven't had a chance to check the fuse for that or trace a fault, but is it the same fuse that works the radio?if so the radio is working fine. If anyone else on here has a cure or might know what the problem is you help will be much appreciated.

Thanks,
Bill.

have you tried reprogramming the fob in the car bill.

So, sounds like RF operation has failed (IR works via the door handle window). Do you have a second fob to try?
It could be the RF coil has become detached from the fob PCB, maybe the fob has been dropped one too many times..

I have an old fob and a new fob purchased from MB last week, new fob works better than old fob, I have been playing around with it today and from the passenger side the fob locks and unlocks from about 12 feet away but not from the drivers side unless it is touching the door handle. Is that the little window in the door handle? if so how do you replace it or repair it?

Thanks all.

That little square works via infra red not radio frequency. Changing it wont do a thing. Try pointing at the ariel on the roof and see what happens.

Hi and thanks, tried pointing it at the roof and nothing happens.

Is taking the car and the new key to mb a possibility.?

Hi and thanks, tried pointing it at the roof and nothing happens.

Which suggests, as previously indicated, a fault with the “receiving” aerial?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom