W220 knocking sound on slightly uneven terrain

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

kolobos

Car
SL400 AMG Sport 2015
My S320 has just had an MOT and passed ok except I can hear this knocking/ tapping type noise when travelling on slightly bumpy surfaces. I don't know much about the car yet as I've only just purchased it. I'm thinking it could be a fractured shock absorber as had a similar issue with my C200.

The noise is more drivers side.

Thanks,
Steve...

Personally I'd advise a lower arm as the ball joint on the anti roll bar are common for such noises, as are the bottom ball joint but having had a mot and it passed the bottom ball joint should be fine.

I owned a W220 and had knocking noises, the culprit was the front anti roll bar bushes.

Sorted it thank you, it was a suspension link arm nut that was not tight enough, a few turns of a spanner and all is OK, obviously as I have just purchased this car I do not know what has happened previously but all is becoming clear as I find other niggly bits and pieces, (basically it was owned by someone who should never have owned a Mercedes) I'm pleased I took it off his hands or I will be when I have sorted a couple of other issues like the Sat Nav thinking it is in Germany!

Kind Regards,
Steve...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom