W220 Radiator leak

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

sauliusagintas

Car
S320 (W220 LPG converted)
Hi everyone.

I've got leaking radiator on w220 S320 petrol. Coolant dripping somewhere on bottom very slowly. I know that i can get something like RADWELD OR K-SEAL to stop leak. That is cheep option compere to radiator price , but my concern is how good that stuff is. Should i go for new radiator (i like this potion)? I found some on ebay for around £250 nissen make. Any ideas Which brand i should go for?

Thanks everyone for help

Radweld ive used a couple of times and it does work....for a while. It would be better to replace or maybe re-cored. Depends on your budget.

Yep RadWeld = temporary fix and does gum up a lot of places it shouldn't too!

Make sure it is the Rad... i have a coolant under my car and it seems to be from a small connection hose which has degraded. cost from MB - £6.50 + the VAT and another 9 quid for the coolant (which i'll replace at the same time).

m.

Don't use rad weld. No point. Just fit a new radiator. It will be better in the long run

Thanks guys for quick reply. I'm gong to investigate what's under the car on saturday and if bad, then i'm going to get new radiator. I will post more whats happening.
Many thanks

If its a very minimal leak then i'd suggest using radweld. It definately works if you follow the instructions, and it saves you the bill for the radiator for another day.

Radweld is designed to fill holes, it is not selective about which holes it fills though!!
So, imagine some horrible gap filling liquid running around the system, including the heater matrix etc, what else will it block?
And the next time you change your antifreeze it will probably start leaking again.
Just get a new rad and the job is done and you can forget about it.
The rads are not expensive for those.

Hi everyone :)

Saturday i checked under the car (radiator). Leaking bottom corner, so my next step NEW RADIATOR. There are two pipes coming from gearbox to radiator. Is that ATF running through them to radiator to keep gearbox cool. Any ideas?

Thanks everyone for help

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom