W220 Rear window runner jaw

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

design guru

Car
2001 W220 Mercedes S320cdi & 2001 W208 CLK230K (SORN since 2008)
Hi MB People,

I have a problem with my rear window where it only lowers about an inch or 2 and then stops, but you can still hear the motor running. Sometimes it doesn't even move but again you can hear the motor running. When you push the button to raise the window it runs the motor and then it will lift the window from where it stopped lowering and close it or if it didn't lower you see it tensioning the glass shut.

If you press the switch and lower it in both cases where it opens an inch or two or none at all you can then use you hand on the glass and lower the glass and then it goes up when you press it closed although it does struggle and goes slowly but it does eventually shut.

I opened the door card and noticed the glass had come loose from the jaw that holds the bottom edge of the window. So it lowers a bit and when the window friction from the rubber seal gets tight you just see the jaw clip lowering down on its own when it comes away from the bottom of the window

How is the bottom edge of the window held into this clip, is it just glue?

I don't want to keep opening the door card every time it comes loose.
IMG_20190808_120002.jpg IMG_20190808_120006.jpg

Never mind, put a load of silicon glue in the plastic jaw and left the window shut for a few days to sit in place and set, it’s fine now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom