W220 S320 CDI 2005 Xenon self level location

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

MWCLS

MB Enthusiast
Car
S320 CDI Perlite Gray Metallic 2005
Morning all, drove my new to me 2005 w220 S Class last night home from visiting friends ( I hadn't driven it in the dark !) I noticed the head lamps didn't go up and down when started .. so I venture out onto the A12 heading home and can see maybe 30 feet in front!

The xenon bulbs look bright and clear and matching so this leads me to thinking they aren't levelling hence the poor out put.

After spending a fair few quid with a independent inc a health check I was some what bemused to be having this sort of issue.

So with wanting to keep costs down, can anyone tell me where the leveller unit is and is it a DIY job? .. my spanner skills are very basic as is my tool kit.

Any advice or help appreciated.

Thanks

Michael

Xenon bulbs perform a wiggle when turned on. Are they not doing that either?
Are you sure they're Xenon?

On the W220 They are attached to the upper front wishbone i believe

getImage.php

394492d1314711226-rear-axel-level-sensor-airmatic-snap7.jpg

Thanks for the replies...as simple as it looks think I'll have to take off to a Indi I'm looking for one in the Chelmsford area as my last indi clearly did a health check by looking at the car and charging me £95 for the privilege.

Thanks for the replies...as simple as it looks think I'll have to take off to a Indi I'm looking for one in the Chelmsford area as my last indi clearly did a health check by looking at the car and charging me £95 for the privilege.

I use Waterhouse Chelmsford, 01245 207351 Ask for "Andrew" he is the Service Manager, feel free to mention Gav / merc85 and Mb forum if you decide to go that route.:thumb:

Thanks Gav, I did call them never realised they were main Dealer.. couldn't fit me in until 1/8 so I said i would come back to him.

I don't really want to pay MD prices.. I spoke with PMW they used to look after a M3 I had many moons ago and can book me in 31/7.

£51 diagnostic then parts and labour. I've already dropped £1900 on this car in maintenance including a paint on the rear bumper and stone chip protection on rear arches.

I may have just bought a 221 saying that it could still be hiding a big bill whatever you buy!

Hey no worries, they are very busy sorry they couldn't help on this occasion. I completely understand as was/am in a similar position with the e55 lol.

Oh 221, nice Buddy :) Yes i do think buying a car which doesn't require anything is a needle in a haystack business.

Hey no worries, they are very busy sorry they couldn't help on this occasion. I completely understand as was/am in a similar position with the e55 lol.

Oh 221, nice Buddy :) Yes i do think buying a car which doesn't require anything is a needle in a haystack business.

Not even sure that a haystack will be easy to find

I have just bought a new to me S320 CDI on a 55 plate, where do I input my vin to find out build details?

Awesome, thanks.
I used the first one, it worked a treat

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom