W220 s320l 2001my airmatic pump overhaul advice

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

pc-uk007

Car
2001, W220, S320L, petrol,
I am going to remove the airmatic compressor of my S class and overhaul it as it looks as if it it is a bit tired in operation, has any body done this or have instruction of a reseal kit purchased recently ??? would be interest in looking at it before removing mine,

these are the things i intend doing to it once compressor removed,

1 checking op and sealing of relief valve and any other valves in or on compressor if any found,

2 desiccant renewal in compressor,

3 fitting new rubber seals on compressor,

4 fitting new Teflon piston ring,

5 fitting new modified plastic link pipe on compressor,

6 renewing airmatic air filter,

7 renew pump relay,

8 checking reserve tank and line for air leaks,

9 checking valve block and all struts and air lines for air leaks,

I hope someone can help me as i have not had much luck in the past posting threads and if you look at my other threads i always try to tell you the outcome from them all,

Happy Christmas and a happy new year in 2014:bannana:

Removed airmatic pump today and started dismantling compressor pump ( will not need information now from members that have instructions for resealing compressor as fairly straight forward to do)

compressor side of airmatic pump totally stripped down cleaned up new seals fitted where necessary and valves dismantled and cleaned up, need to modify the way that air is pumped into system as air is to moist so i am going to run my own air pipe for this to engine air filter of the o/s cylinder bank,

airmatic pump is back on the car and working very well now. end of thread.

no pictures, sorry v12 just wanted to get job out of way before Christmas and needed to get car moveable again.

relief valve stopped working part not available separately from MB so had to fit a new compressor MB now supply e class compressor as a replacement and you have to buy additional hoses to fit this type of compressor, thank you MB for making this a more expensive fix:(

Oh dear. Compressor can be had for £250. Check eBay or arnott industries Europe.

I have seen these and from what i have heard could still end up with problems so just decided to bit the bullet and go to main dealer parts for a new one.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom