W220 S500 fuel consumption

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

db1

Wonder what other W220 S500's get on a motorway cruise. I am getting around 28mpg with cruise control (Distronic actually) on. Car is 11 years old but has been well maintained. I think that is pretty reasonable.

Is this good, bad or average?

28 mpg sounds pretty good (my 14 year old SL500 is similar). Depends a bit on what speed you're cruising at though :)

28 mpg sounds pretty good (my 14 year old SL500 is similar). Depends a bit on what speed you're cruising at though :)

...that and anticipating the traffic so as to avoid accelerating and braking where possible.

All these figures seem pretty good when you consider the size of these engines - work colleague was telling me about a friend of his who has a 6.6 V8 Firebird Transam from the 70s and he gets at best, 9mpg and usually 6mpg.

Old Yank engines are notoriously inefficient (cheap petrol).

The V8 M-Bs are pretty good when cruising. Stop/start is a different matter (even my SL weighs in at almost 2 tonnes).

I get about 29/30 ish on the motorway

s600 w220 about 27 mpg at 70 mph.

I've clipped 31 mpg on a run in my S500 before.

Generally 27-29 on a decent run, 25 on the short motorway/urban run to work, 16-18 in and around town and single digits if having a 'heavy foot moment !

CL600 biturbo also does 27mpg on 70mph steady run.

mine averaged 29mpg on a run to my dads recently i was pleased with it tbh. 300 motorway miles cruising at 70

I generally get between 30 and 31 on a 50 mile run some town, some A and some motorway...

A

About 19mpg in traffic, 24 normal driving and about 26-27mpg on a long run.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom