W220 s55AMG TV tuner

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

old fogey

Car
2002 S55 AMG
Having just purchased an older s class, have started to fix the faults. Sorted sat nav continually wanting disk, cd player not reading discs. Giving the telephone a miss at the moment I come to the tv tuner. Screen says no tv, rear monitor is not responsive either. Checked tuner in boot fuse okay and checked all wires plugged in. Now I have a suitable cable for its aux socket on the tuner, which firstly I can see if it displays video on either screen. The concern is can this do any harm and is there any where else I can start to troubleshoot.

Your problem is the TV tuner is old analogue tech and obsolete since we moved to digital.
You can buy a digital receiver and get it to work but its hardly worth your while as they are only programmed to work when stationary anyway.

Not well up on this sort of thing. You need to have a word with comand on line...A sponsor on this forum. Anything from him is spot on.
I would think a lot depends on the age of your car. My 2005 CL only had analogue tv...now defunct.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom