w220 sat nav

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

fred_raven

Car
2010 s350 cdi
Just bought a 2005 w220, my w211 had got to 258,000 mls ! Noticed on the S class that the sat nav system doesnt apper to be as good as the E class ! When I get to maximum resolution on the E you could see all street names clearly but on the S thats not the case , Is there any way to change this? Also bought the service cd for the E that gave me ETA and fixed a bug putting traffic warnings on the right side of the road... seems the traffic issue is there with the S and no ETA ! Is there a service cd for this ? presumably not the same as I have for the E?

A 2005 S Class would have Comand NTG1 so the same system found in the W211 upto MY09. Main difference is the W220 unit has no aux input where as the W211 does.

Software update disc part numbers can be foundt at: COMAND-APS FAQ (NTG1/NTG2)

Thanks npuk , had found that but also found conflicting info as to wether ETA is available on a w220 !:confused:

Oh and although the systems are the 'same' they are different ! e class made by Becker and s class made by siemens ! Otherwise I would happily use my e class service disc!

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom