W220 Sclass more problems.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

BelfastBill

Car
S CLASS 320 CDI
Well as my previous posts stated I have had troubles with my SRS system, first had a passenger occupancy seat sensor pad, got that sorted then my pre-save inactive,see owners manual,so took it to the mechanic to reset the SRS lights which he done. Then SRS light again showing another fault S68/4. Drivers seat belt buckle fault.
Next key fob remote not working,so changed the batteries still not working,well the remote was a bit battered so off the the main dealer 240 Pounds for a new remote,came today tried on the car still not working unless you hold the remote against the little sensor on the door handle beside the keyhole. Don't know where to go next had enough. Is there a reset for the whole system?
Bought a new diagnostic iCARSOFT CR PRO today so might have a bit better luck finding the fault when it comes Friday. But any positive information most welcome.

As said just got a new Remote from Mercedes,but only works when held against the little square on the door handle.

As said just got a new Remote from Mercedes,but only works when held against the little square on the door handle.
See post #2...the rf (radio frequency) is not working. The fob is ok...but the bit in the car isn't.

Thanks saw that, but what would make that start playing up? also tried the Fob today if I hold it two feet from the passenger door all works but when at the drivers side I have to hold it against the little square. It's doing my Tiny mind in!!!. I get my machine tomorrow so will have a play with that. But funny that there are a few things happening since the srs light came on.
Thank's again for any help.

Did a google about the antenna window amplifier, you can pick them up fairly cheaply, so will check the connections/fuse first.

check you battery condition ASAP, if gremlins like no reason SRS appears...

Check the fuse for the antennas. It can blow when the alarm siren gets wet / dies. Then remote locking doesn't work, only IR locking (which is what you use when the key is right next to the door)

Cheers

Richard

New battery 6 months ago. But thanks.

Age has nothing to do battery charge condition. Brand new battery fails in days if charge is not enough. Measure voltage. But like said many time, probably antenna wire issue...

Thanks All, Richard I can't find the fuse for the Antenna, sorry for being a numpty but any pointers please.

What happens if you stand at the back of the car aiming the remote at the roof. ?

Thanks' Fuse 60 behind front seat.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom