W220 Soft close boot

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

tlzeebub

Car
2003 S320CDi, Ducati916
When i shut the boot it shuts but sits proud of the rear wings by about 4-5mm I pressume this should happen then a vaccuum system should pull it down, unfortunately this isnt happening all the doors are soft closing ok but not the boot lid has anyone got any ideas? tia Chris

The soft close feature does not prevent the boot lid from closing properly. If you close the doors or the boot lid with enough force for it to close fully, the soft closure will simply not need to activate.

Sounds like something is amiss there.

When i got the car i would shut the boot down and it would then suck itself down to being level with the wings, now it doesnt matter how much force i put into shutting the lid it always sits high and looks like its open, maybe i better look if theres any adjustment on the striker plate.

nothing obvious like something in the boot stopping it shut, or something sticking in the mechanism or around the seal?

how is she anyway?

When i got the car i would shut the boot down and it would then suck itself down to being level with the wings, now it doesnt matter how much force i put into shutting the lid it always sits high and looks like its open, maybe i better look if theres any adjustment on the striker plate.

Yes, that is what it should do if you push the lid down. As Mark says, probably something obvious preventing it from closing? I would not try and force the issue, by the way, it's usually not good to try and make things fit by force...

check the fuse... the soft close on the boot is electric and usually doesnt fail.. bu we have had one that kept blowing fuses for a while..

nothing obvious like something in the boot stopping it shut, or something sticking in the mechanism or around the seal?

how is she anyway?

Hi Mark, cant see anything stopping it from shutting have had a good look, the car drives nice just some annoying niggles like the boot close, had nothing working on the drivers door for about ten minutes, and i'm buggered if i can get the phone to work, the seat heaters wont work on your bum only on your back and the mirrors dont fold in when the doors are locked, still hey ho gives me something to do.

My drivers heated seat doesnt work either. Similar to yours very very weak on the back section but nowt on the bottom part. Can't work out why and its only when its really cold like it is now that it bothers me....

Interested to hear how you get on with diagnosing this one though!

Good luck

Anyone have a clue as to why, I get the presafe message and ESP malfunction when I am launching off the jump of say just normal changing lanes at random sometimes, the annoying thing is sometimes I'll loose the supercharger also... I've had it looked at by many mechanics and the dealer but no one can tell me what is wrong with it with it.
The transmission has also been acting up, while driving it will slip out o gear when a small amount of throttle is aplied Nd also it does it when flooring it.,..
But this leaves me stuck to only line up on a roll an even so with the iffy chance it doesn't go to presage when I floor it and loose the supercharger and locked in second gear now lol

Read more: http://mbworld.org/forums/s-class-w...presafe-nd-esp-malfunction.html#ixzz2rL9ZrvU9

MBManInKen said:
Yes, that is what it should do if you push the lid down. As Mark says, probably something obvious preventing it from closing? I would not try and force the issue, by the way, it's usually not good to try and make things fit by force...

Anyone have a clue as to why, I get the presafe message and ESP malfunction when I am launching off the jump of say just normal changing lanes at random sometimes, the annoying thing is sometimes I'll loose the supercharger also... I've had it looked at by many mechanics and the dealer but no one can tell me what is wrong with it with it.
The transmission has also been acting up, while driving it will slip out o gear when a small amount of throttle is aplied Nd also it does it when flooring it.,..
But this leaves me stuck to only line up on a roll an even so with the iffy chance it doesn't go to presage when I floor it and loose the supercharger and locked in second gear now lol

Read more: http://mbworld.org/forums/s-class-w...presafe-nd-esp-malfunction.html#ixzz2rL9ZrvU9

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom