W220 sunroof issue

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

design guru

Car
2001 W220 Mercedes S320cdi & 2001 W208 CLK230K (SORN since 2008)
Thankfully it has closed but my sunroof was having issues when closing, it was running slow and every time I clicked the switch it would close slowly and I would need to let go and press the switch again to get it going, almost like it needed to be reset which I am aware of the procedure after a battery reset.

Now if I press to open it will not move back and forth, it will rise in the tilt position but only on the drivers side, the passenger side will not lift and the motor makes a grinding and clicking noise, if I click to close from tilt it will close back to position. The passenger side will not move almost like it’s sealed shut. Even when I clicked to raise it I applied some pressure from the inside to help lift the passenger side but it just stayed sealed.

I guess I’m lucky it’s in the closed position but with summer approaching I would like to use it. The motor runs fine and even when I insert an hex key to manually override the motor it will only open and close the tilt position on the drivers side it will not move the passenger side.

W220 2001 S320cdi

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom