W220 Tailgating/Trying to race/filming

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

KillerHERTZ

Administrator
Staff member
Car
SL63 AMG
Last Monday bank holiday morning around 10:30am I was driving along the A14 towards Ipswich way when I noticed a black W220 T-Reg S-Class tailgating me extremely close.

After a mile or so I was able to pull over and let him pass only to watch him tailgate a couple more cars. he then pulled over slowed down until I passed only to tailgate me once again. He then seemed to back off and I thought nothing more of it.

A few more miles went by and until he over took me (I was doing around 60mph - its a 70mph due carrageway) only for him to match my speed perfectly for a mile or so/creating a rolling road block. in the distance there was another car so his plan must have been to pin me in. I couldnt help but floor it only to notice when he caught up again, my RVM he was filming me on his mobile - I could see flash constantly on. He kept filming until he pulled off the road weaving in and out of other traffic causing a dust cloud as he drove over the markings on the exit.

Was this just a car geek filming me? was he filming me to report me? My other half took a photo of his car incase we hear anything from the old bill. :dk:

Anyone on here? :fail

Last edited:
It was probably an airport valet parker finding somewhere to park a customers car near heathrow.

Regardless of what they were doing, their attitude was unfriendly, dangerous and reckless and no matter what may come of this, it wouldnt be anything positive. People like that who take matters into their own hands are the most likely to injure themselves and others.

Sound like he just wanted to see you nail it. I think admiration more than anything else. Sadly at the expense of good road safety by the sounds of it.

Yep thats what the other half thought, a thumps up maybe would have been better than weaving in and out of traffic :)

W221 ones are even worse :ban: :fail

Disgraceful behaviour :eek:

(I was doing around 60mph - its a 70mph due carriageway)

I bet he couldn't believe what he was seeing, so had to film it.

It is a CLS55 after all :D.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom